Pécsi Nemzeti Színház

WITHOUT A LEG TO STAND ON

Choreographer: Julian Moss
Assistant: Tünde Czebe Harangozó Award laureate
Composer: John Adams
Costume designer: Fruzsina Nagy
Performed by: 5 female ballet dancers, 5 male ballet dancers

"John Adams has long been a favourite composer of mine. The stimulus for this piece was, in part, the titles of two of the sections I have used. I love the idea of a "relaxed groove" and a "40% swing". I also knew that I wanted to make a piece using chairs, just to increase the amount of legs on stage! I hope that "without a leg to stand on..." will provide the other 60% of the swing! I look forward to making a new work on the dancers of Ballet Pecs."
/Julian Moss/


Length: 16 min 41 sec.
Basic requirements: white dance floor, 10 chairs
Stage size: 9m x 10m
Performed by: 5 female ballet dancers, 5 male ballet dancers

Part of the Evening: European Dance Gallery
Premiére: 22 June 2007 | Pécs Sumer Theatre - Ruins of Tettye
25 January 2008 | National Theatre of Pécs
Without a Leg to Stand on - Choreographer: Julian Moss
I don't give up - Choreographer: Vincze Balázs
Para Bango - Choreographer: Raza Hammadi


Ballet Pécs | info@pecsibalett.hu | H-7630 Pécs, Zsolnay Vilmos út 37.
Asz.: 25852103-2-02 | Cg.: 02-09-082787